Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Unveils One Atlanta: One APD Immediate Action Plan
Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms released the One Atlanta: One APD Immediate Action Plan to address violent crime in the city. The Plan is part of a broader effort focused on bolstering support for the Atlanta Police Department and reforming policing in the city.
As laid out by Mayor Bottoms during recent press briefings, the City has developed a series of actions to address violent crime. The immediate actions to be implemented are as follows:
- Expand enforcement of nuisance properties
- Focus additional resources and increase targeted enforcement on gangs and gun violence
- Expand the Operation Shield camera network
- Support neighborhood safety planning
- Continue to focus on disrupting street racing and auto crimes
- Explore a new Public Safety Training Academy
- Improve APD recruiting and retention
The spike in violent crime in Atlanta and across the country must be addressed by both immediate and long-term actions. The One Atlanta: One APD Immediate Action Plan will address crime, and also the systemic issues that lead to violence.